I started this blog and my RR (Rhythmball Regimen) exactly one month ago today. What has the time and effort yielded, you ask? How does my cost-benefit analysis stack up? Pull up a chair:
1) Rhythmball 3-4 times a week, 30 minutes/session
2) Drinking two liters of water daily
3) Sucralose and fat-free half-and-half in my coffee every morning, instead of sugar and half-and-half or some sort of cream
4) At least 500 stomach crunches a week
5) Light beer only
6) Watching less TV (at least two fewer hours each day)
7) Completing at least 12 girlie pushups each night
These activities, coupled with carrying my baby more often than "strolling" him, has granted me the following benefits:
1) Down one pant size
2) Definition in my upper arms and, more importantly, the formerly fat-only bulge between my shoulder and boob
3) Speaking of boobs, at the beginning of RR I fastened my bra at the farthest eyes. Now, I'm using the closest eyes, plus have tightened the straps as much as possible
4) MUCH easier to climb stairs while holding the baby
5) Haven't bumped my hips into anything (doorframe, table) in more than a week
How much weight have I lost? Beats me. I don't have a scale, because they make me weird. I prefer to go by clothing size and fitness level.
Pants size June 30, 2006: 22
Pants size July 30, 2006: 20
Bra size June 30, 2006: tight 42G
Bra size July 30, 2006: loose 42G
NEXT MONTH'S GOALS: Down to an 18, master Rhythmball's Set Two, eat more vegetables
OVERARCHING GOAL: Get back into my black leather pants -- preferably by Christmas
Do I work for Rhythmball? Sure. Are the above benefits real or imagined? REAL. And people are beginning to notice, which encourages me to continue.
Rhythmball got me to get up off the couch. What could it do for you???